Wrexham 3 Bristol Rovers 0

Tom Craddock was the Red Dragons hero as he crashed in his first professional goal in the dying minutes to end Wrexham's run of four success defeats.

Chris Llewellyn was hero turned villain with a goal in the first half and then getting his marching orders in the 56th minute, with referee Russell Booth seemingly swayed by the Rovers players' reaction to the striker's tackle on Steve Elliott.

The defender seemed unaffected and was quickly back in the Rovers defence as a disconsolate Llewellyn disappeared down the tunnel.

Rovers will be looking at their misses at the start of the game when they looked like over running the Dragons.

In the opening minute only a timely touch by Ryan Valentine stopped Sean Rigg from scoring but in the next minute the striker completely mis-kicked a Stuart Campbell cross when only a few feet from the goal.

The steam visibly ran out of Rovers when Mark Jones robbed defender Aaron Lescott and put Llewellyn away for the nippy forward to lash a tremendous shot for 20 yards past Steve Phillips.

It could have been worse, as Mark Jones saw another effort fly wide and in the 36th minute Danny Williams hit the Rovers post with their defence spread-eagled.

Right on half-time it took a tremendous and brave save by Phillips to deny Craddock from putting the home side further in front.

Rover's opened the second half with Richard Walker their star striker flashing a header wide from Campbell's corner.

Craddock then ended a run with a shot wide with team-mate Matty Done waiting for a pass in the middle and in the 63rd minute the ever-alert Llewellyn forced Phillips to make another stop.

Then the red midst came down in the 65th minute when Llewellyn tackled Elliott. It did not look that bad, but the player needed treatment for two minutes after the referee had sent the Wrexham man off.

It put Wrexham under further pressure as Rovers desperately tried to get back on terms and in the last few minutes keeper Phillips was playing as a striker up-front as the visitors piled on the pressure.

Then came another stunner for Rovers. Phillips was racing back to his goal when Craddock broke away and was visibly tired as he got towards the goal, but managed to get past Lescott and screw his shot wide of the desperate Phillips and into the corner of the net for a first professional goal.